[cma-l] BBC Trust service review: Music Radio Consultation

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 10 14:11:18 BST 2014

** NB This is a BBC Consultation
<https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/music_radio> forwarded to the
list for information purposes **
Overview

*Why are we doing this consultation?*

The BBC Trust works on behalf of licence fee payers to ensure that the BBC
provides high quality services and good value for everyone in the UK. One
of the ways we do this is by carrying out an in-depth review of each of the
BBC's services at least once every 5 years.

The purpose of this consultation is to get your views on some of the BBC’s
network radio services, specifically those that provide music: Radio 1,
1Xtra, Radio 2, Radio 3, 6 Music and Asian Network. What do you like, what
do you dislike and what should the BBC do to make these radio services
better for you? You will see that for some questions we will ask you to
think about the speech programmes on these services too.

We want views from as many people as we can from across the United Kingdom,
and people from a wide variety of ages, and social, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds.

You can read the terms of reference for the consultation at the link below.

*How to take part in the consultation*

You will be asked a series of questions about BBC’s music radio services.
The first section asks you about your overall impression of the BBC’s music
radio services and is then followed by questions on each individual
service. Finally, we ask you about what kind of music you like and how you
listen to the radio. You can answer about as many or as few radio stations
as you wish.

For information about the Data Protection Act, you can follow the link
below.

The consultation is open until 29th October 2014 and we cannot accept
returns after this date.

Alternatively, you can download the questionnaire from the list of
documents below, save it as an attachment to your computer, fill it in, and
then email it to us at musicradioreview2014 at bbc.co.uk

To request a questionnaire in audio or braille please call 0800 0680 116 or
Textphone 03700 100 212.

If you would to give your views via a telephone interview in your own South
Asian language please leave a message on 0203 214 4973 and someone will
call you back.  For more information on this, please see the link below
which takes you to some instructions in five Asian languages.
 Give Us Your Views
<https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/music_radio/consultation>

Source: https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/music_radio
\\