[cma-l] The Writer's Prize BBC Writersroom - Deadline: September 29, 2014

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 12:24:19 BST 2014

++++ For Information ++++

The Writer's Prize
BBC Writersroom | Deadline: September 29, 2014

For the second year BBC Radio has joined forces with BBC Writersroom to
launch The Writer’s Prize: an innovative and prestigious new writing
award for Radio Drama.

The Writer’s Prize wants to commission the best ideas across the Radio 3
and 4 networks. We are looking for bold, original new stories with
characters that will engage, challenge and entertain the audience.

The award will be judged by Jeremy Howe (Commissioning Editor, BBC Radio
4 Drama), Kate Rowland (BBC Creative Director, New Writing) and
award-winning writer Katie Hims.

What makes this prize different?
The Writers Prize is open to a range of ideas and approaches from any
writer, anywhere in the UK. It could be a 45-75 minute drama for Radio 3
or 4. We are looking for original, surprising multi-character narrative
scripts for Radio. We are not looking for monologues or adaptations.

The award is the opportunity for a Radio 3 or Radio 4 Drama commission.
Please be aware that the majority of opportunities are for the Radio 4
Afternoon Drama slot (45mins).

This talent search is open to any writer as long as the work submitted
is not currently in development and has not previously been produced by
any broadcaster or production company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/Writers-Prize

--
Tamar Millen