[cma-l] Queens Award

shirleyludford@btinternet.co shirleyludford at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 31 09:18:37 GMT 2014

The day came and went very fast!  The Queens Award For Voluntary Service, MBE delivered by HRH The Duke of Kent this Monday.
He was greeted by members of the Air Training Corps who had taken part in radio training with me, met children from a local school who had achieved their Level One NCFE Radio certificate who interviewed the Lord Lieutenant with the Duke listening with headphones on. Delivered certificates of achievement to two volunteers, listened to live music in one studio and tried his hand at selecting a music track and playing it, with great delight.  He chose the Rolling Stones and "Jumping Jack Flash".

The Award was presented to me and the Queens framed certificate handed to our oldest presenter, 72 year old Alan Burston, a mean rock n roll presenter.    I gave him the gift of a Swindon Monopoly game which includes SWINDON 105.5 on the board and today received a lovely letter of appreciation on behalf of the Duke, who apparently had wonderful time and left inspired by what we achieve, esecially as a non-commercial Station.

A guest appearance from Jahmene Douglas, who I had helped nurture, and a gorgeous cake made by the head chef of the Hilton Hotel were extra surprises for the team and guests!

A special day all round - and great for our town as well as Community Radio.

 Shirls

 Shirley Ludford

Mob: 07951 366289

High Sheriff's Award for Services to Community

Pride Of Swindon Award
Patron: Commonweal School
Patron: DPAG

Station Manager. Trainer