[cma-l] Local, National News and Traffic Updates Request

Mohammed Tariq m.tariq at inspirefm.org
Tue Nov 18 13:29:02 GMT 2014

Hi All,

Hope you are well.

Quick question on how (if you do), do you guys get local, national news and
traffic updates for your listeners?

As you can all appreciate news is essential for any broadcast service and
hence how do you keep up with the demand of regular up to date news?

Currently we record the news first thing in the morning and then repeat once
during the afternoon and then once in the evening. Only problem with this is
that the news is not updated and hence sometimes not offering the best
service that we could.

We don't have regular volunteers to come in and do the news daily, hence we
only are able to the above during the week.

I have tried to contact the local BBC radio station for advice and
(basically) their news feed - but I have been told this is something that
they want to do but if and when they decide to do this (And god knows when
that will be!!), it will be a national incentive and not just a local
arrangement.

Is there any advice on where I can get local, national news and traffic,
preferably every hour or if not then 3 or 4 updates per day are sufficient.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent with  the kindest regards

Mohammed Tariq
Station Operations Manager