[cma-l] Continued Viablity of Community Radio Stations

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:35:04 GMT 2014

Dear All

I do want to remain POSITIVE
 negativity spreads like a disease, and none
of us want that. Good suggestions by Trevor, my only observation though is
that the suggestion is here, it has been around for as long as we have and
it’s the putting it into practice that matters.

I have attended 3 meetings now over the past 4 years or so down at the BBC
in Manc’’  (just down the road)   another exercise of releasing a load of
hot-air, empty promises, going around in circles, chewing over the same old
same old and ending up back a square one, with another meeting being
arranged again for about 9 months down the line ..just long enough for 3
more Community Stations to go t

..up   :-)

The best one was the one regarding local News. I’m not sure whether it was a
process of [making people redundant and then getting Community Radio to
provide News content / Editorial Content / Documentary Local Content for the
BBC] or not

 but there was no payment, no assistance apart from a days
lip-service at the Beeb.

I’m not ungrateful and one or two of our folk have benefitted from a mini
course or two at the BBC
. But when it comes to the wider picture, surely
the Beeb should be providing news content for us, not the other way around

 or, if they are saving £100,000 a year, drop us five grand of it £££
:-)

As for moi’ I think I am somewhere between a rant and a moan ??  wherever
that is ?    I think it’s called ‘’’Frustration Land’’’     I’ve gotten that
way now where I don’t even know anymore what I am trying to suggest as I’m
on my tenth lap. It’s like the Formula One with no chequered flag.

Of course the chequered flag has already been waved for 23 of us
 the wrong
one though as they’re at the Pitstop for good

Nick

  _____