[cma-l] Employability training in community radio

Cormac Lawler cormac at radioregen.org
Fri Nov 14 14:52:22 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I'm wondering how many stations around the country work explicitly on building employability skills? If your station is doing employability work, I'd love to speak with you about what you do!

To clarify, I'm starting work on a 3-year project, "Employment FM", with Radio Regen, funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation. With partners (including Shmu in Aberdeen, Sunny Govan in Glasgow, and employability providers in Manchester), we'll be delivering employability training to a range of young people (16-19) from a variety of backgrounds. To help inform this provision, we'd like to hear from others who are doing similar work, so that we can get a sense of the breath of such work, and share ideas. A key part of this project is building a network of stations who deliver this work, and lobbying significant people and organisations to boost community radio's prominence in the employability (and funding) landscape.

If you deliver employability work, I'd really appreciate if you could respond to this email (on or off-list). You could give details of your work by email, but I'd ideally like to chat about your work over the phone (probably about 10 mins) - so you could simply send me an email saying "yes" and how to get in touch. :-)

Thanks, and all the best,

Cormac

Cormac Lawler
Project coordinator
0161 234 2799

Radio Regen
46 Oldham Street, Green Fish Resource Centre, Manchester, M4 1LE
www.radioregen.org

Company Ltd by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 3753832.
Registered Charity No 1077763