[cma-l] New Patron for SWINDON 105.5

shirleyludford@btinternet.co shirleyludford at btinternet.com
Tue May 13 21:49:52 BST 2014

Another good story for Community Radio.

Following the Mothers Day ITV programme "Surprise Surprise", I was flown to New York for an amazing week, which included a VIP pass to watch
ABC's "The View" with Whoopie Goldberg and then meet her.  She has agreed to become Patron of SWINDON 105.5, representing The Arts.

The programme has also brought interest in accessible radio broadcasting from many areas, as well as' requests for groups to come and talk to us prior to them submitting applications for licences; contact from such as... a lady wanting to come and sing to me... to a couple of ladies who had lost children wanting to tell their stories... to a gent travelling 3,200 miles in a JCB who would like to raise £5,000 for the Station and its work with blind and partially sighted volunteers and trainees.

Our reach into the community comes in such diverse ways, which keeps it interesting and fun as well as challenging!

 Shirls

 Shirley Ludford

Station Manager. Trainer
SWINDON 105.5
Mob: 07951 366289

www.swindon1055.com

High Sheriff's Award for Services to Community
Pride Of Swindon Award
Patron, Commonweal School