[cma-l] Call for contributions SGFA2014 ( Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism) October 16-17th, 2014, London.

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Wed May 7 09:48:37 BST 2014

+++ For Information +++

*/What, in the historical present, might constitute an activist life in
sound?/*

The 2nd *Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism* post-graduate research event
seeks to query the place and performance of activism within discourses
and practices of sound arts, sound-based arts and experimental musics
that are engaged with gender, feminist and queer politics.

*CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: **SGFA::2014*

London College of Communication, University of the Arts London

October 16th - 17th 2014

Deadline: Monday 16th  June 2014

The inaugural SGFA, focusing on the role of gender in sound-based arts
and experimental musics, took place in May 2012 following the Her Noise:
Feminisms and the Sonic symposium at Tate Modern.

We are delighted to announce a call for participation in the 2nd
*Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism* post-graduate research event
to take place in London on October 16th and 17th 2014.

*SGFA::2014*
will expand upon the 2012 event and we invite presentations of twenty
minute formal research papers or ten minute emerging researcher/artist
presentations sharing recent or ongoing work, addressing the question

*/What, in the historical present, might constitute an activist life in
sound?/*

This is an open call and we welcome responses from all relevant
disciplines and will accept a variety of formats from academic
presentations, proposals for artworks and documentation of artworks to
more experimental contributions.

Please send expressions of interest, including the theme, topic and
format of your presentation, of around 200 words and a short biography
of no more than 200 words by Monday 16th June 2014 to
SGFA2014 at crisap.org

We will let you know if your submission is accepted by July 9^th  2014.

SOUND::GENDER::FEMINISM::ACTIVISM 2014 is kindly supported by CRiSAP
http://www.crisap.org/

Full details at:
http://hernoise.org/soundgenderfeminismactivism-2014/#more-2412
--