[cma-l] Community Radio DCMS Consultation Event - Tuesday 8th April, Sheffield

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 16:22:22 GMT 2014

This is an event on Tuesday *8th April from 11am to 3pm* in Sheffield for
community radio managers and other interested parties to go through the DCMS
Consultation on the future of community
radio<https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/community-radio-consultation>-
book online here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-radio-dcms-consultation-event-tickets-10987845943

We urge everyone to respond to this consultation whether as a licensed
station or other interested party, and where possible to copy your response
to the us at the CMA so as to inform our response on your behalf.

We are considering that some or all of the following topics will be on the
agenda:

   - The Communications Act 2003
   - The Community Radio Order 2004
   - The Community Radio Amendment Order 2010
   - The Licence Fee - pros/cons of top-slicing the Licence Fee
   - European context - other models of funding community media
   - Current issues & potential solutions: funding, advertising restrictions
   - The future - frequency availability, digital migration, low cost DAB
   - National advertising scheme for community radio
   - The CMA Conference & AGM - 14th June 2014

If you have anything else to add to the list for consideration then please
let us know.

A finger buffet lunch will be provided on the day and there will be *valuable
time for networking* with other community media practitioners. Online
booking via Eventbrite here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-radio-dcms-consultation-event-tickets-10987845943

We appreciate that this consultation event is during normal working hours
so in the event that you cannot make it to Sheffield, you may respond using
the online form on our website –
here<http://www.commedia.org.uk/dcms-community-radio-consultation-response-form/>.
The deadline for responses to the DCMS consultation is *23rd April 2014*.
We look forward to working with you all to ensure a better future for
community radio.

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video