[cma-l] Get In: Local Apprenticeship Scheme events

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 19:19:09 GMT 2014

*Fwd:*

The BBC Local Apprenticeship Scheme (LAS) is set to open for applications
on 14 April 2014, and we’re running #BBCGetIn events around the country to
help people find out more.

Over 40 local apprenticeships will be on offer at BBC local radio stations
across the UK as part of the scheme, which is backed by BBC Radio 1 DJ Huw
Stephens and follows BBC director-general Tony Hall’s
pledge<http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/news/article/art20130822144307782>to
open up the BBC to people from the broadest possible range of
backgrounds.

Successful applicants will begin their 15-month contracts in September and
work as apprentice broadcast assistants (in England and the Channel
Islands) and apprentice content assistants (in Wales, Scotland and Northern
Ireland).

The scheme is open to non-graduates aged 18 and over, and will lead to a
Level 3 apprenticeship in Broadcast Journalism thanks to training from the
BBC Academy and a partner college.

You can find out more about the LAS on the BBC Careers
Hub<http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes/local-apprenticeship-scheme>,
or if you’re in the area why not come along to one of our local Get In
events? There'll be the chance to meet radio staff and the team behind our
newest and biggest apprenticeship scheme.

*BBC Get In: LAS dates *

Saturday 29 March, BBC Radio Humberside – BOOK <http://bit.ly/1eLp6aA>

Saturday 5 April, BBC Radio Cumbria –
BOOK<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bbc-get-in-event-local-apprenticeship-bbc-radio-cumbria-tickets-10937591631>

Saturday 12 April, BBC Hereford and Worcester –
BOOK<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bbc-get-in-event-local-apprenticeship-bbc-hereford-worcester-tickets-11008939033>

Saturday 26 April, BBC Radio Lincolnshire

Saturday 3 May, BBC Radio Norfolk

Further events will be taking place at BBC Local Radio stations across the
UK, check back here or follow @BBCTrainees <https://twitter.com/BBCTrainees>for
updates.
Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/academy/news/article/art20140324143327487