[cma-l] Ujima Radio off air over power dispute

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 17:29:02 GMT 2014

Hi Ian,

I 100 percent agree.

A contingency plan which all CRs can afford is to feed the output codec at
the TX; often this can as simple as from the stations internet stream into a
Barix Exstreamer.

On more than one occasion we needed the TX fed from another location for
total STL failures, studio power outages and station moves.

Although Ujima's issue is more complex, I'd advise all CR stations to have a
contingency plan which assumes lengthy problems at the studio. This could be
easy to engineer for a couple of hundred quid.

Kind Regards

Alan

Alan Coote

Managing Director

5 Digital Limited

 <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> Hear Alan Every Week on Let's Talk
Business The UK's Premier Radio Programme For Current and Future
Entrepreneurs - Now Broadcast To 4 Million People