[cma-l] Ujima Radio off air over power dispute

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:17:29 GMT 2014

This is all too common a situation.

Could we please have new guidance from the CMA to all CR stations as to how to achieve:

The right kind of Tenancy Agreement with a site Owner for Studio and Transmitter facilities.

Adequate Insurance by means of a CMA list of preferred Insurers for Community Radio.

Stipulation of 24/7/365 access to a transmission system as is required by Ofcom under the WTA.

Sensible UPS equipment that won't die at just the moment when it's needed - not that it would solve Ujima's particular problem.

Better understanding by Ofcom of how difficult it can be for a small not-for-profit organisation to stand its ground against a forceful Landlord - with tangile back-up available when needed.