[cma-l] Looking for community radio broadcast partners - Cycle of Sound

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jun 16 14:59:48 BST 2014

Hello All

One of the CMA Modulate 2014 commissions is looking for broadcast
partners. I mentioned this at the CMA conference this weekend.
If you are interested please contact Adrian directly (email address
below) do let me know here at CMA if you do partner up.

Thanks

Tamar

==========

Cycle of Sound

A community radio sound-art project linked to theTour de France's Grand
Départ in Yorkshire <http://letour.yorkshire.com/>

We are looking for community radio stations interested in being
broadcast partners in the run-up to Le Tour in the first week of July...

Heads Together Productions <http://www.headstogether.org/>was awarded
one of the Community Media Association commissions under the Modulate
2014 programme to create collaborative sound art linking three young
writers with three sound artists/designers. Heads Together runs two
internet-based community radio stations---East Leeds FM
<http://www.elfm.co.uk/>andTwo Valleys Radio
<http://www.twovalleysradio.co.uk/>. As Le Tour is leaving from Leeds on
Saturday 5th July and heads down one of the Two Valleys (the Holme
Valley) on Sunday 6th---it seemed an obvious theme.

Three pairs of cycling shorts
The writers/artists decided to work in pairs with three different takes
on Yorkshire and the tour. They are in the final throes of their
collaborative efforts and we plan to have all three shorts ready and
available for Monday 30th June.

Apart from broadcasting on our own stations, we wondered if other
community radio stations might find a slot to use one or all of the
shorts; either in full or we can supply clips so that people can then be
directed to listen to the full pieces online. Phone interviews with the
sound artists/writers can also be arranged if you would like to make a
full feature about the work and about the impact of the Tour to
communities in Yorkshire.

For more information contact Adrian Sinclair adrian at headstogether.org
Tel:07973 172433

To find out more about each piece visit the link below

http://arts.commedia.org.uk/news/pairs-cycling-shorts/

--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator