[cma-l] Funding News. Our Place Programme Opens for Applications (England) & Centre for Social Action Innovation Fund (UK)

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 12:14:15 GMT 2014

++++ FUNDING NEWS ++++

Our Place Programme Opens for Applications (England)

The Government has announced that it’s £4.3 million Our Place programme
has opened for applications.

Run by Locality and the Local Government Association, the programme will
provide funding and support  to help local communities within England to
design and deliver local services that focus on local priorities and
reduce costs.  The ‘Our Place’ programme builds on the success of the
Neighbourhood Community Budget Pilots that for the past year have been
pioneering new ways to improve local services in 12 areas.  As well as
consultancy and coaching support local areas will be able to apply for
funding of up to £20,000 to design, develop and implement new local
services.  The funding is available to incorporated bodies, parish and
town councils, public service providers and local authorities working in
partnership with local businesses, the voluntary sector and other
partners who are jointly using the Our Place approach to tackle issues
in a neighbourhood.  Applicants will need to complete an online
eligibility checker. If eligible they will be given an online link to
the application form (with guidance on how to apply) and will have 30
days to complete and submit online.

http://mycommunityrights.org.uk/our-place/

===============
Centre for Social Action Innovation Fund (UK)

The National Endowment for Science Technology and the Arts (NESTA) has
announced that it is seeking applications through the Social Action
Innovation Fund.

This is a £14 million Fund to support the growth of innovations that
mobilise people's energy and talents to help each other, working
alongside public services.  Through the programme, charities, social
enterprises, public services and for-profit businesses can apply for
grants of between £50,000 and £500,000.  While applicants can be
established in any part of the UK, the benefits of their proposals
should focus primarily or significantly on England.   The Innovation
Fund will focus on a small number of big social challenges.  The current
priority is helping unemployed people improve their skills and get back
to work, including through supporting enterprise and self-employment.

To apply organisations need to submit an Expression of Interest form by
the 31st March 2014.

http://www.nesta.org.uk/areas_of_work/public_services_lab/giving_and_social_action/csa_innovationfund/assets/features/centre_for_social_action_innovation_fund_fund_details

--
Tamar Millen