[cma-l] The Guardian 14/02/14 - Ofcom boss: 'BBC licence fee should be shared with other broadcasters'

Peter Lewis p.lewis at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 11:33:26 GMT 2014

Over three decades ago, COMCOM,  predecessor of the CRA/CMA, wrote in
its *Comments
on the Annan Report*, "the licence fee revenue should ... cease to be the
exclusive property of the BBC. It is not their's by divine right" (quoted
in my chapter in Janey Gordon's *Community Radio in the Twenty-First
Century*). Of course, at the time, this was regarded as outrageous nonsense.

Peter Lewis

Dr. Peter Lewis
Senior Lecturer in Community Media
Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities