[cma-l] A benefit for Somerset's Emergency Flood Relief Fund

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Fri Feb 14 14:46:19 GMT 2014

This Sunday evening - a benefit for Somerset's Emergency Flood Relief Fund

The Rain Has Voices by Shiona Morton: commissioned as A Play for Somerset.
Live at the Red Brick Building, Glastonbury, 7pm, Sunday 16 February.

Eight years ago, Take Art toured The Rain Has Voices by Shiona Morton:
commissioned as A Play for Somerset. It was set around a fictional village
on the Somerset Levels called Harrow Bridge. Threatened by a major flood,
most of the villagers had to evacuate the area. But a few remained, holding
fast to their memories and their lives.

Given its immediate relevance, Take Art is re-staging the play, as a
rehearsed reading, to raise funds for those affected by the extensive and
persistent floods across the county.  We are producing it at short notice,
in partnership with our colleagues at Somerset Film as an opportunity for
the arts community to give something back to Somerset residents.  All
proceeds will go to support the Somerset Community Foundation's Emergency
Flood Relief Fund, which is helping individuals, families and communities
recover from the impact of the current floods.

³Several of the people and communities directly affected by the floods are
our friends, neighbours and colleagues. We want to do something to show our
solidarity with what they¹re experiencing at the moment and help them in
whatever way we can.²² says Mark Helyar, Co-Director of Theatre at Take Art.

TICKETS: <http://www.wegottickets.com/event/260634>  Pay What You Can Afford
To Donate. Ticket prices have been set at £5 but we think its worth at least
a tenner!  If you agree, then please add a small voluntary donation when you
buy online

INVISIBLE TICKETS: <http://www.takeart.org/support-us>  If you cannot attend
but still wish to support us, then you can purchase an 'invisible ticket' by
making a donation to the fund via Take Art.

100% of all ticket prices and donations will go to support the Somerset