[cma-l] Preparation

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 10:59:54 GMT 2014

Ian, et al

Thanks.

This confirms my experience that Ofcom use the 5km 25W argument for not
allowing alterations after launch. They are then rules not guidelines.
Commercial radio stations can and do alter their coverage if they make a
business case, again in my experience Ofcom look sympathetically on these
requests.  The logic it seems, is that Ofcom advertise Commercial licences
on the basis of a coverage area while Community Stations are not.

The moral of the tail is therefore, ensure you have adequate coverage before
launch.

Kind Regards

Alan