[cma-l] Preparation

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:24:43 GMT 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with  Alan's point about the STL situation, and also JC's about the visual image of the station as seem by visitors and potential Clients.Links are a whole separate ball-game from RF propagation - and each format has its advantages and drawbacks.RF or IT?Line-of-sight definite/possible/occluded/impossible?Wholly-owned - or dependent on operating through commercial facilities?
Licensed for protection - or licence-free for cost saving?Analogue with no delay for off-air monitoring or digital with latency?As for what offices and studios look like - we see all sorts in our travels.
Some CRs I could mention would make a commercial station jealous.Others have you wondering how they ever get anything to work at all - let alone reliably.But my original point was to do with the vital planning stage well before an air date.If only we could pass on valuable experience in time to make changes!