[cma-l] 'Celebrity' Voiceovers in idents/sweepers

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 18:04:28 GMT 2014

Although a dusting or stardust never hurts, how about sending each of your new volunteers out with a digital recorder to get a Voxpop?

Q1: What radio station do you listen to most?
Q1: What's the best thing about it?

Stick the best bits together and voila! local voices talking about your station and what they enjoy about it.

Here 5 tips I learnt;
1) Always asked both questions regardless of the which station they listen to.
2) Make sure management and presenters know how many people mention your station out of the total and what they said?
3) Use the quotes in your off air marketing and promotion.
4) Take some happy snaps on your mobile of the people who said they listened.
5) Keep the voice recorder running so you record that they are ok with you using their voice and picture. I always do this afterward never before.

Hope that helps.
Alan

Let’s Talk Business
Twitter - @LTBShow
Web - http://www.LetsTalkBusinessOnline.com

The Media Production, Broadcasting and Training Company