[cma-l] Raspberries, Steroids and Low Cost DAB

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 09:37:28 GMT 2014

Hi Cat,

If you looked at the stats 5 years ago DAB listening was very low. In fact so low that the numbers were often amalgamated with other digital (online and digital TV) to make them look better.

If the choice was either/ or then any station that can’t be made to work on FM, definitely wouldn’t work on DAB.

Small scale DAB offers very welcome access to digital. But, if you crunched some numbers I think you’d find that the cost per listener on DAB are higher than FM so your advertising rate would need to be higher, making it less attractive to advertisers.

Kind Regards

Alan

 <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> Hear Alan Every Week on Let’s Talk Business The UK’s Premier Radio Programme For Current and Future Entrepreneurs - Now Broadcast To 4.8 Million People

Email -  <mailto:alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk> alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk

Phone - 0800 949 6655

Mobile - 07801 518858

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/TheAlanCoote> @TheAlanCoote

Web -  <http://www.5digital.co.uk/> http://www.5digital.co.uk

Let’s Talk Business

Twitter -  <http://www.twitter.com/LTBShow> @LTBShow

Web -  <http://www.letstalkbusinessonline.com/> http://www.LetsTalkBusinessOnline.com

cid:image001.gif at 01CE03CD.223AC920

The Media Production, Broadcasting and Training Company