[cma-l] Funding News: The Young Roots programme - heritage in the UK.

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 16 09:39:31 BST 2014

++++ FOR INFORMATION +++

The Young Roots programme is for projects that engage young people, aged
11 to 25, with heritage in the UK.You can apply for a grant of more than
£10,000 and up to £50,000.

Under this programme, we fund partnerships of heritage and youth
organisations to help young people shape and deliver their own projects
in safe environments.

The difference we want to make

Young people are bursting with creative ideas about how to explore and
care for their heritage.

Whether restoring a vintage motorbike, designing a new nature trail or
documenting changes to their community over time, through Young Roots
projects young people make a real difference to the places where they
live. In the process, their confidence grows and they learn valuable
heritage and employability skills.

We support applicants to deliver high quality projects for all of the
young people, staff and communities involved. Young Roots projects
should achieve all of the outcomes for people and communities listed
below, and one outcome for heritage.

Outcomes for people

With our investment, people will have:

developed skills
learnt about heritage
changed their attitudes and / or behaviour
had an enjoyable experience
Outcomes for communities

With our investment:

more people and a wider range of people will have engaged with heritage
Outcomes for heritage

With our investment, heritage will be:

in better condition
better interpreted and explained
identified/recorded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4udE5TBVCY

Details of how to apply at the link below:

http://www.hlf.org.uk/HowToApply/programmes/Page
/YoungRoots.aspx#.U05BMFVdXCY
--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator

www.arts.commedia.org.uk

*SAVE THE DATE CMA Conference 14/06/14 more info soon*