[cma-l] DCMS Consultation

Geoff Rogers geoff at susyradio.com
Tue Apr 15 14:25:32 BST 2014

I have to be in full agreement here that the 50% rule must go and this
should be supported by the CMA.

It is notoriously hard to get grant money in many circumstances and to be
able to help very small local businesses with very cheap advertising is
almost social gain in itself and no threat to even the smallest commercial
station (if indeed any of these exist !)

Kind regards,

Geoff

On 15 April 2014 12:53, Fantasy Radio Office <office at fantasyradio.co.uk>wrote:

> On 15/04/2014 12:00, cma-l-request at mailman.commedia.org.uk wrote:
> > DCMS Consultation
>
> The 50% rule might seem good to the stations able to pull in grant money
> - some of us have not been able to do so.
>
> By restricting advertising revenue, an important and enthusiastic
> section of the COMMUNITY is partly excluded (i.e. the business sector)
> from enjoying a relationship with the community station - and therefore
> the community. This 50% rule must go.
>
> Phil Dawson
>
> FANTASY RADIO 97FM
>
> Devizes and Mid Wiltshire

Geoff Rogers
Programme Director
Susy Radio, Local Community Radio for Redhill and Reigate
On-air across Sussex and Surrey on 103.4FM NOW
Web: susyradio.com <http://www.susyradio.com>

Susy Radio Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 54 Nutfield Road, Merstham, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 3EP.
Registered Number: 06748586