[cma-l] SoundCamp a listening event linked to International Dawn Chorus Day.

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Tue Apr 15 12:29:02 BST 2014

+++ For Information +++

SoundCamp is a listening event linked to International Dawn Chorus Day.

It is scheduled for the weekend of 3-4 May at Stave Hill Ecological Park.

During the event a small group of people will be able to camp on-site,
explore the nature research and participate in dawn chorus walks,
workshops and panel discussions.

In conjunction with these local activities, we will be broadcasting
REVEIL: the first live 24 hour broadcast of the sounds of daybreak,
relayed by a network of audio streamers around the world.

We are very happy to be working in partnership with Wave Farm and WGXC
90.7-FM for this inaugural broadcast, which will also be relayed by
local and regional stations to be announced.

The live streams are made possible in large part through collaboration
with the pioneering live streaming project Locus Sonus at the Hautes
Ecoles d'Art of Aix en Provence and Nantes.

We are pleased to have the involvement of Richard Beard and Ian Rawes of
the British Sound Library and the London Sound Survey

We are grateful for the support of Steve Cornish of the Friends of
Russia Dock Woodland, and especially of Rebeka Clark and TCV who have
generously made Stave Hill available for soundCamp / REVEIL.

You can find more information about the scheduled activities here:

http://self-noise.net/soundcamp/soundcamp_camp.html

Places for the scheduled on-site activities, and especially for camping,
are limited. To make a booking please contact: info at soundtent.org

If you would like to participate in REVEIL by sending us live daybreak
sounds from your location, please read our streaming guidelines

http://self-noise.net/soundcamp/soundcamp_stream.html

If you are a radiostation or a netradio and you would like to feature
REVEIL in your programme, please feel free to contact Maria
Papadomanolaki (contact details at the web link below)

http://self-noise.net/soundcamp/
--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator

www.arts.commedia.org.uk

*SAVE THE DATE CMA Conference 14/06/14 more info soon*