[cma-l] FM Listening Figures

Matthew Rogers matthew at thesourcefm.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 12:24:36 BST 2013

Cheers Fellas,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We were asked by a local university if they could do some survey work for
us. Mostly it was amusing when they apologetically returned a figure of
roughly 15% of the local population were listening to us, which I was over
the moon about and they couldn't understand it at all.

I think it's part of the charm of FM and I don't really want to know hard
figures, even if manufacturers start selling sets that accurately report on
listener activity I'd be a bit worried about the long term effects on
programming. But, it's always an important figure for potential sponsors
and advertisers.

Thanks again,

Matthew