[cma-l] Fundraising through crowdfunder.co.uk

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 13:45:12 BST 2013

Last week Matthew posted (below) about using Crowdfunder as a fund-raising
platform:

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/sourcefm/

Happy to say that Source FM is 32% of their way to their target with
another 31 days to go. Good luck Source FM!

Kickstarter, a similar type of platform to Crowdfunder, has recently
launched a Radio & Podcast section:

http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/radio%20&%20podcast

Ribble FM has recently successfully used Kickstarter to raise £1000 to
provide "a radio service online via podcasts / streaming and on FM":

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1803212410/be-part-of-a-local-radio-station-for-the-ribble-va

There are a number of alternatives to Kickstarter and Crowdfunder some of
which are listed here:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-kickstarter-alternatives

Here are five essential tips for a successful Kickstarter (or similar
platform) campaign:

http://www.musicthinktank.com/blog/five-essential-tips-for-a-successful-kickstarter-campaign.html

I expect that we will hear more of initiatives such as this in the future
and there could be a 'crowd-funding' segment in next year's CMA Conference
- watch this space!

Best regards

Bill

Canstream Internet Radio & Video