[cma-l] Happy World Television Day!

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Nov 21 10:46:54 GMT 2013

Dear friends,

Let me celebrate with you the world television day.

As United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon says "Through quality
programming, television sheds light on global issues and opens windows of
understanding on the struggles and hopes of communities and families
everywhere."

By now we have all realized that the digital age has just meant more and
better TV, through new means, with new interactive experiences, reaching
more and more people and, hopefully, contributing to a more informed and
enjoyable life for all of us.

Have a great world TV day!

Lorena & DG CONNECT G1 team

*Lorena BOIX ALONSO*
Head of Unit
*European Commission*
Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology
Unit G1 – Converging Media and Content

--
Jaqui Devereux
Director