[cma-l] Mixers

Clive Glover clivegloveruk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 14:49:49 GMT 2013

I would be interested in views on current studio mixers please.

We are planning to replace our now ancient mixer in our main studio and
would ideally like to buy two new identical ones for our two studios.
However our budget is modest and would not stretch to two of the sort of
mixers used by most commercial or BBC stations - or better funded
CR stations!

Also we think we still want analogue mixers but have noted the trend
towards providing some digital output facilities which could be useful
both now and increasingly in future, so is it essential to have such
digital facilities for something likely to last for perhaps 5 - 10 years
from now?

I am not looking for detailed technical specifications but a general
practical view of whether it is possible to buy decent solid kit for
daily use that costs, say £5-6000 rather than perhaps £10-15,000.

All comments welcome! Thanks!

Clive Glover
--
Radio Verulam, St Albans