[cma-l] Congratulations to Asian Star!

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Nov 4 10:38:15 GMT 2013

*ASIAN STAR 101.6 FM ANNOUNCED AS*

*‘RADIO STATION OF THE YEAR (LOCAL)’*

*AT THE ASIAN MEDIA AWARDS 2013*

*[London 1st November] *Leading local radio station Asian Star 101.6FM the
local radio station for Slough available on 101.6FM locally, online at
www.asianstar1016.co.uk and on mobile via the Tunein App is proud to have
won the prestigious title *Radio Station of the Year (Local)* at the first
ever *Asian Media Awards*. The inaugural event was held last night
(31stOctober) at the Hilton Hotel Deansgate in Manchester

The Asian Media Awards are dedicated to recognising the talent of all those
who work tirelessly in the media industry.  From journalists working in
local newspapers and internet bloggers to TV and Radio presenters and PR
experts, the Asian Media Awards is dedicated to rewarding their talent,
drive and potential. The event showcased the very best talent working in
the Asian and mainstream media. It also aimed to act as a platform for
those working in the industry to network with organisations where they are
vastly underrepresented.

Asian Star 101.6FM was founded by director Ray Siddique (aka Ray C) in
2006, who has, over the last 7 years worked tirelessly to build the station
and develop a strong and loyal listener base.  Asian Star 101.6FM is a
recognised brand locally and is the station of choice in most households.

Ray C is well known in the Radio industry with over 20 years experience is
broadcasting & event management having worked for a number of commercial
and BBC stations.

Ray C and the Asian Star 101.6FM team are dedicated to providing quality
broadcasting to their listeners this coupled with an excellent work ethic,
great team spirit and dedication to our advertisers makes Asian Star
101.6FM a worthy recipient of this award.

Commenting on the win Ray Siddique said:

*“Asian Star is honoured to have been acknowledged with this prestigious
nationally recognised award at the Asian Media Awards for The Radio Station
Of The Year (Local) !  It is truly a momentous occasion.  The team at Asian
Star Radio work tirelessly to bring our listeners a station that provides
high quality programming, knowledgeable presenters and educating /
informative shows, and so to receive an award of this stature is truly an
accolade.*

*Asian Star Radio works at grass roots level to reach listeners that
possibly other stations cannot, producing excellent radio is our job.  We
endeavour to ensure people enjoy Asian Star in every way possible, having
seen many areas of radio national, commercial, BBC I have applied my
extensive experiences from the radio industry from the last 2 decades to
Asian Star 101.6FM to ensure that listener have a real fantastic listening
experience.  *

*Winning the award BEST LOCAL RADIO STATION OF THE YEAR from across the
country makes all the hard work and dedication from the whole Asian Star
team worthwhile, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank
everyone at the Asian Media Awards for putting on a stupendous evening and
a big thanks to all my staff”*

*…ends…*

*Notes To Editors:*

Asian Star Radio broadcasts to Slough & Surrounding areas on 101.6FM

Asian Star Wins Station Of The Year (local)  2013

For more information contact Sbba Siddique Station Manager on 01753 362 362

Email info at asianstar1016.co.uk

Web www.asianstar1016.co.uk

Twitter: @asianstar1016fm

Images:

1582 Ray C (MD) & Sbba Siddique (Station Manager) Asian Star

1586 Asian Star Team with awards and Singer Apache Indian

1584 Ray C and Apache Indian

1583 Drive Presenter Kavita and stations youngest presenter Haashim

--
Jaqui Devereux
Director

<http://goog_1822693262>http://www.commedia.org.uk/