[cma-l] PRS fees

Ed Baxter info at resonancefm.com
Fri Sep 23 16:10:21 BST 2011

Dear all,
I am in a minority, evidently, in that I am quite happy that we all
pay the PRS something, but it surely needs to get somehow to the
appropriate artists. (It could of course just as usefully go to the
PRS marketing department towards the repair of their image among CMA
members.)
But I wonder if PRS consulted anyone at CMA about this new policy
(which I think institutes randomness and is simply misconceived)?
There are 150 CR stations, meaning at least £100,000 in revenue. I
imagine about half of this actually eventually goes to artists. I
don't see any easy way of sorting out anything particularly fair or
efficient, which is why I thought the Foundation provided a more
acceptable recipient for these monies.
Anyhow, I am now corresponding with the person at PRS...
Yours
Ed

--
Resonance104.4fm