[cma-l] Business Development Manager/Station Coordinator appointment - Cameron Murray

Mark Smith mark at aliveradio.net
Wed Sep 14 01:17:14 BST 2011

Cameron Murray*PRESS RELEASE FROM ALIVE RADIO  13th September 2011*

We're delighted to announce the outcome of our recruitment and interview
process for a Business Development Manager/Station Coordinator.

Cameron Murray be taking up the post at the beginning of October.  He
comes with an impressive pedigree in broadcasting, having spent the last
12 years with West Sound in Dumfries, responsible for Sales, Promotions
and Sponsorship. Cameron is well known and respected by a wide range of
local organisations, individuals and business people.

In Cameron's own words: "After 12 years working for local radio I am
delighted to come to Alive.  Alive represents what radio should be, it
is working hand in hand with the community.  With the excellent team of
Directors, supporters and volunteers at the station, I can see us moving
forward and becoming the station of choice for the majority of
Doonhamers.  As a local person with radio flowing through my veins, I
cannot wait until I get started.  For me this is a dream come true".

Chairman of the directors, Mark Smith said, "Choosing the right
candidate was a very difficult decision for the Directors, simply
because the standard and calibre of applicants was so high. Any one of
the applicants could have ably tackled the job, but we felt that in
Cameron we have a person of experience and expertise especially in the
area of business generation and fund raising, as well as helping raise
the profile and stature of the station, enabling us to move forwards and
reach our potential.

"We're all excited to be working with Cameron going forward. The post is
initially for one year, but if everything goes well we would hope
continue well into the future."

ends.

For immediate release

Regards, Mark Smith.

--
Sent by Mark Smith, Chairman of Alive Radio

Alive Radio Studios
The Convent, Maxwell Street, Dumfries DG2 7AH.
01387 262423 Mob: 07710 111727
Visit our website: aliveradio.net <http://aliveradio.net/>