[cma-l] Charity limited company

LOL GELLOR lolgellor at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 13:33:50 BST 2011

Just to add to the possible choices if you haven't already considered perhaps a CIC (Community Interest Company) might be worth exploring, Like Tony without knowing the rationale for becoming a charity - it's a little hard to know what is your best strategy. I've set up but not actually operated a CIC, but theoretically it gives you a bit more flexibility than a company limited by guarantee (and can have an asset locked arrangement with a charity), and I think you can migrate from a company ltd by guarantee to a CIC and keep Ofcom happy in terms of maintaining the same responsible license holders.It might be worth giving the CIC people a ring (www.cicregulator.gov.uk).

I hope that helps rather than further confuses!

all the best
Lol