[cma-l] Minute of Listening: Call for Sounds

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 21:40:00 BST 2011

+++ For Information +++

Minute of Listening: Call for Sounds

Sound and Music are inviting musicians, field recordists and sonic
artists from around the world to be part of a new creative learning project.

Minute of Listening encourages children and teachers to engage in 60
seconds of focused listening each day. Delivered to the classroom
through a custom-built piece of software, the project aims to encourage
imaginative class discussion and a passion for exploring aural
experiences from a young age.

We're looking for minute-long clips of all kinds of music and sound that
can be used in an extended project pilot from January to March 2012. If
your recording is chosen it will be heard by over 10,000 children in
classrooms around the UK.

We're looking for minutes of audio that are engaging, unusual,
challenging, exciting or just plain beautiful! From performance poetry
to string quartets, from sounds of the rainforest to electronic music,
we want children to be wowed, shocked, delighted and moved by sounds
they would never normally have the chance to explore in a school
environment.

If you'd like your recording to be a part of this exciting new project
you need to upload your sound to the Minute of Listening Soundcloud
group no later than Friday 30th September.

http://www.soundandmusic.org/artist-area/opportunities/2011/minute-listening-call-sounds
--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator