[cma-l] Tell us what you thought of the CMA Arts programme 2009 - 2011

Arts arts at commedia.org.uk
Wed Sep 7 23:51:59 BST 2011

 From August 2009 - August 2011 CMA coordinated a project in partnership
with Arts Council England and Voluntary Arts Network designed to help
build on some of the work you are doing and bring arts and community
media closer together to create collaborative work.

We are looking for feedback and comments about the arts programme.
If you have any comments about the work we have done in this area, from
opportunities that have arisen through to future ideas for the next
steps please do get back to arts at commedia.org.uk in the next 7 days.

If so please do get back to me by email, that could be an email of one
or two sentences/suggestions or something more detailed if you prefer
and have the time.

Below are some of the activities we coordinated that you may want to
comment on.

As part of this programme CMA:

Wrote a strategy outlining the ways that arts and community media can
work together.

Ran a series of road shows across the country bringing arts and
community media organisations together to hear about collaborative
projects and provide networking space for the sectors.

Promoted community media to the Voluntary Arts groups across the country
which included writing a VAN briefing designed to explain community
media to arts groups read it here.

http://arts.commedia.org.uk/news/community-media-as-a-platform-for-the-voluntary-arts-and-crafts/

Ran a small commissions programme to support arts and community media
partnerships. This project was called Connect.
You can read the evaluation here.

http://arts.commedia.org.uk/case-studies/connect-arts-and-community-media-partnerships/

Developed a dedicated arts section of the CMA website which provides a
showcase for the arts work you are doing, a space for opportunities and
a resource section too. You can also now submit your own stories.

www.arts.commedia.org.uk

Sent out relevant information from opportunities to funding
possibilities on the CMA mailing list, and also in the canstream newsletter.

Held information sessions about arts and community media at the CMA
conferences 2010 & 2011