[cma-l] UK wide advertising for community radio ( and later possibly TV...)

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Sep 5 16:54:52 BST 2011

Dear all

We have been working with Donald McTernan since the CMA Conference in June
to take forward his proposals to create a UK wide ads agency for the
community radio sector, and in the longer run possibly to include
community/local television as well.

We are now at a point where we would like your views on how it could work
for you (licensed stations/internet radio/RSLs).  We would not want to
supplant in any way stations' current advertiser pools but do believe there
is a potential ads market out there for stations that can take on air
advertising and for stations' internet presence as well.

To that end there will be a meeting in London on 7th October - venue to be
confirmed later - for people interested in exploring this with us.

If you would like to attend please do get in touch with us on
advertising at commedia.org.uk

Best wishes

Jaqui

--