[cma-l] Local TV Forum in Scotland December 5th

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Tue Oct 18 10:04:14 BST 2011

Dear Members and Friends

Dave Rushton is looking at organising another local TV forum in Scotland and
I am keen to support this particularly if it gives an opportunity to bring
the radio and TV sectors together

As you will know the campaign for local TV continues across the UK and  ULTV
is keen to engage the radio sector as much as possible in this initiative.
We see real potential for mutual advantage in  particularly sharing local
news and  advertising - as well as possible engagement of community radio in
delivering local TV - on broadband as well as DTT.

Dave Rushton is looking at December 5 as a date for another Local TV Forum
on Scotland and I'd be interested to know who from the radio sector would be
interested in attending.  I plan to be there myself and it seems to me
important to try and bridge the sector gap as much as possible for mutual
advantage as we go forward.

I'm away now till late on the 26th but would be interseted to hear feedback
on this.

With thanks and best wishes

Phil