[cma-l] Adult Learners' Week: nominations in England are now open!

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 24 16:15:47 BST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------

*Award nominations in England are now open!*
       If you know someone whose life has been transformed through learning,
or work on an innovative project that has made a significant difference to
adults' lives, then you can nominate them for an Adult Learners' Week Award
(England).

The Adult Learners' Week Awards recognise outstanding adult learners and
inspiring learning projects. These awards are a great way to celebrate your
students, colleagues, family or friends.

Nominations for the Adult Learners' Week Awards 2012 are now open.

*Do you...
*

   - know an adult whose life has been transformed by learning?
   - work on a project or programme that has made a difference to adults'
   lives through learning?
   - want a way to recognise their achievements?

*Why not...

*

   - use our awards to celebrate the achievements of your inspirational
   students, colleagues, family and friends.
   - highlight your organisation's commitment to learning by making a
   nomination.
   - nominate outstanding individuals or projects for the Adult Learners'
   Week Awards.

*Did you know... *

   - by making a nomination you can highlight the difference that learning
   makes to adults' lives?
   - your nomination could build learners' confidence and inspire others?
   - we celebrate the achievements of our award winners at national and
   regional award ceremonies?
   - we give our award winners £200 to £1000 to contribute to future
   learning activities?
   - you can nominate online or by email at
*www.alw.org.uk*<http://www.alw.org.uk/>?

*Important notes...*

   - the closing date is *5pm on Friday 27 January 2012.  *
   - awards are only open to learners and projects in *England*.
   - please read the *Guidance Notes and Eligibility
Criteria*<http://www.alw.org.uk/nominations/docs/Guidance-Eligibility-notes-2012.pdf>before
nominating to make sure your learner is eligible.

*To find out more...*

   - visit our website *http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards
*<http://www.alw.org.uk/learning-awards>
   - email *alw at niace.org.uk* <alw at niace.org.uk>* *
   - telephone 0116 204 4200 <01162044200>

<http://lists.niace.org.uk/lz//lz.aspx?p1=05383141S925&CC=&w=2377&cID=0&cValue=1>

[image: Herbert Goredema, ALW Foundation Degree Award winner 2010]
[image: Fran Bunce, ALW Learning Works Award Winner 2011]
[image: Alec Stanton, ALW Regional Award Winner 2011]
[image: Lela Sarah Namuli, ALW Regional Award Winner 2011]
[image: Margaret Corston, ALW Regional Award Winner 2011]

  *Read Guidance Notes and Eligibility Criteria
here*<http://www.alw.org.uk/nominations/docs/Guidance-Eligibility-notes-2012.pdf>

*Visit our website: www.alw.org.uk
<http://lists.niace.org.uk/lz//lz.aspx?p1=05383141S925&CC=&w=2245&cID=0&cValue=1>
**
*

[image: co-ordinated by NIACE, Supported by ESF, BIS, Open University, BBC,
Pearson]