[cma-l] community radio and the archiving of output

Ieuan Franklin ieuan.franklin at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:02:53 BST 2011

Dear all,

I wonder if I can ask for your help.

I am currently doing research into the archiving of radio output by
archives, broadcasters and educational organizations. This research
will feed into a report that Kristin Skoog and I are writing for
Bournemouth University on radio archives/collections in the UK. Our
focus is predominantly on the use of radio recordings by researchers
and teachers, but we have already found some interest in community
radio (for example, case studies of particular stations in a doctoral
thesis) and anticipate that this will only increase in the future.

If your station records or collects output (beyond what is required
under the terms of the
licence) it would be useful to know what is being recorded and on what
format(s) and for what purposes. If your station is regularly
archiving material it would be a great help to either send this
information by e-mail to me (ieuan.franklin at googlemail.com or
ifranklin at bournemouth.ac.uk) or if you could complete the following
survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WZMMG9N

I'd be very grateful if you could also circulate this via e-mail or
Twitter/FB if at all possible.

Many thanks in advance!

Best Wishes,
Dr. Ieuan Franklin.
Research Assistant (University of Portsmouth)
& Freelance researcher (Bournemouth University).