[cma-l] FW: Silk FM's coverage / CCR Advertising restrictions

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 21:04:22 BST 2011

Dear Everyone

I just thought I would ping this over to you all

. It is an e-mail
exchange between a number of our volunteers / staff  etc etc

   it
proves a number of things

1)       That I actually am not some lone ‘nutcase’ in a cocoon rambling on
about the same old thing with no one around me in agreement. This e-mail
came out-of-the-blue from Heidi / Brian and others and I had no doing in it.

2)       It proves also that this malarky is now a complete and utter
debacle, a disgrace, totally unacceptable and NOT up to date. It likewise
proves my tale to be true, that ‘yes’ when we signed up we knew exactly what
we were getting WE NEVER AGREED WITH IT MIND YOU
.. but what else could we
do ??    however, as previously mentioned, I never thought 4 years down the
line we would still be trawling over the same old garbage.

3)       Mr Hunt, Mr Vaizey and Uncle Tom Cobley n’ all have abandoned us
and couldn’t give a monkeys cuss as they now have their new train set to
play with = Community TV

What I will say is this

. & I will repeat it for those hard of hearing.
It appears sadly that this will only be brought to a head by brave, valiant,
courageous, kind, voluntary community minded people when they decide ENOUGH
IS ENOUGH and if those in power won’t play ball and choose to continue this
discrimination and bullying the only alternative will be to break the law
and fight for our rights.

I’m afraid to say that we have now reached that point

. I have
e-mailed our MP in on this and ask of Mr Rutley to read this e-mail to Mr
Vaizey and Mr Hunt for comment.

I think I know what the answer will be, but WE want to hear it anyway.

Canalside is losing money because of this nonsense, that should have been
buried years ago. We are providing a quality service, we have introduced a
new service for our youngsters but we struggling to keep it afloat because
of the restrictions. These are now beyond restrictions they are downright
attacks. Our money is not-for-profit and goes on keeping the service
running.

We currently have three sets of equipment that have gone tits-up through age
and they need replacing

.. it will cost about £6,000

.. at the moment,
we are having to turn people (youngsters) away as our training studios and
pods are ‘down’                         what a complete and utter shambles
to end up in with none of it being our doing.

The people who sat round that table seven years ago and thought this one up
want chucking in the sea !

We will not stand idly by and see all our hard work and graft go to nothing
without a SCRAP

.. and it will be a scrap, with gloves off.

Please prevent a further nonsense by changing these laws immediately and
allowing good people in our society to do GOOD !

Come November, we WILL be running some small adverts. They will be nothing
major, and they will not be excessive. Just enough to keep people from
disappearing off our paying in slip

.. THIS IS NOT A LOT TO ASK

.. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

Everybody is extremely angry at this end, so don’t just think it is me

there is a whole army of us !

I have e-mailed Soo into the bargain as well as it was agreed that Ofcom
should be kept informed. It is a pity that I am not informing them of nice
positive stuff, instead putting them in a position that I know very well
they don’t really want to get involved in, but will sadly have to

.. we
are not criminals

.. we are descent people who are being forced to behave
like criminals. We have no other choices left open to us. Doing nothing is
not an option anymore in this financial climate, our noses have been kept
clean for 7 years and the fact we are still here is a bloody miracle !
we should be being awarded a medal
.. and not being backed into a corner.

I don’t condone disputes, strikes, law breaking

.. but when nothing else
is left

Point made I hope.

Regards

Nick                                                   we have now thrown
caution to the wind

  _____