[cma-l] Making Media Matter?

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Nov 15 14:41:52 GMT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "undercurrents alternative news" <paulo at undercurrents.org>
To: ian at transplan.uk.com

Roger Drury makes a good claim. Community media has to be about supporting
the community who are actively trying to engage people to create a better
world. Every mainstream media ignored the Occupy movement for weeks until
it became too big to ignore. Now it is a worldwide movement. If CR does
not report movements like this, then it will become as irrelevant as most
of the other commercial media. As Roger rightly states the Occupy movement
are already doing their own media and bypassing the broadcasters slants
and snides.

So I find Ian Hickling's views totally bizarre.It is the role of Community
media to air the voices which other radio and media channels are actively
ignoring.

Toeing a Government or corporate line is not going to win any favours with
your audiences either.

Report the unreported!

Undercurrents
Old exchange
Pier Street
Swansea SA1 1RY
UK
Office +44(0)1792 455900
Mobile +44 (0)7973 298359

The News you don't see on the News!
http://www.undercurrents.org

World's Smallest Solar Powered Cinema
http://thesolcinema.org/

Eco-Building
http://www.undercurrents.org//benlaw/

Skills for a deeper understanding of the woods
http://www.azbushcraft.com

Cycling 12,000km
http://www.bike2Oz.com

A surfers guide to Climate Change