[cma-l] 5th December - Local TV Forum - Perth

Dave Rushton local.tv at virgin.net
Mon Nov 7 11:41:06 GMT 2011

Dear Colleagues

Since our last Local TV Forum in February the Government's priorities
for Local TV have shifted and responses from Scotland have had to
adjust accordingly.

Here the demand for local TV is for a comprehensive universal service
for rural as well as urban viewers, although over the Summer the UK
Government withdrew one of the easier routes to achieve universal
delivery this still remains an objective in Scotland.

The December 2011 Forum provides an opportunity for local TV to
outline how Scotland has responded to the latest round of
consultations and to demonstrate how we can achieve local TV on a
variety of scales and platforms over the next four-five years.

With regards,

Dave
Dr David Rushton
Institute of Local Television