[cma-l] [comradio-l] James Cridland's blog: TechCon - a look back

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 17:22:21 GMT 2011

I was just about to email this around.. its a fantastic idea and something
I have been talking about for a while.. as other countries have a different
approach to dab coverage..

Surely using a similar method to local TV (isnt it
graphical inter-levered space?) or a dedicated channel, we could have local
DAB coverage for community stations (either as a dual transmission or DAB
only stations), however this would depend on the technical / carriage
implications, eg we would ideally like to deal with our own transmission
and carriage and not have to be forced to use another provider..

Question for Jaqui / Bill, is the sort of thing we can get on the agenda as
part of the communications bill stuff next year?

Martin