[cma-l] is there anybody in there?

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Thu May 26 11:08:53 BST 2011

Julian and All

Firstly

 I asked for the opinion of all our fraternity a few months on
the issue of the bog standard payment for PRS

. I got diddly squat
reaction. Even though the question was quite simple

Has anyone paid over the £700 ??         not a difficult question and seeing
as we are all not-for-profit and operate very openly to our communities then
answering the question in my opinion is NOT an issue

 if someone wishes
to ask me about our finances I am quite willing to give the information to
that person even down to dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s         as I
said I drew a blank.

Will you draw a blank on this one I dunno’

??             However, one
thing is for sure, this Radio Bill of 2002 gets dafter and dafter as each
day goes on.

Example

.. we have a number of repeated shows, we have them for ALL the
reasons given in Julians statement (good lad / well written)       we
actually don’t have a request show as such, as people (within reason) can
request songs on ALL our shows if a Presenter is in the studio.

We got a brilliant phone call only 3 weeks from a Mr John Garner (who was
listening to the 70’s show one Sunday afternoon)     he answered the TV
teaser that Matt Isaacs set. The show was repeated on the Thursday and
included the teaser, even though no presenter was in the studio

. John
Garner was listening to the show and heard his name read out ‘again’

.
He said to his Missus     ‘’ I didn’t ring up did I’’  ??
he spoke to me about it and found it quite amusing as many others have.

In a world where people are starving, a world where suicide bombers kill
people in crowded markets, where people fight for freedom and democracy,
where people endure hardship, ill health and disability I think some people
should GET A LIFE !                          Who is this clown who rang
Ofcom up in the first place

. The person is clearly a jerk and the person
who answered the phone and went to the committee with the complaint isn’t
much better either.

We have had to endure the most ridiculous red tape, bureaucracy, nonsense
etc for 4 years, this is another addition to the garbage

. I want to
know when the CMA are going to actually get some ‘blood on their boots’ and
start fighting this nonsense. There is 219 of us and if this isn’t a wake up
call then nothing is !

I am not saying that we run round breaking laws, I am not saying that we get
into a battle with the dcms / ofcom

. What I am saying though is that we
get in front of a Judge and see what he thinks about all these rules and
regulations, I also suggest you do what I am doing
. Lobbying your MP
untill he’s sick of the sight of you

. We’ve already had some movement
with a number of replies from Ed Vaizey and reading between the lines a bit
of optimism and common sense.

We appear ladies and gentlemen to be surrounded by baffoons

everything that is designed in this bill to deliver good quality community
radio both on-air and off seems to be under attack from nonsense and
nonsensical ideas and rules

. We have only two options

1) Ignore it
. Roll over and eventually die, by being beaten to death with
unreasonable rules and regulations                       or

2) Put up some kind of fight

As I have said
.. people shouldn’t always be chancers as after the judge
has picked himself up off the floor with laughter he may sway on the side of
common sense.

I would imagine (in answer to Julians observation) that all 219 of us are in
breach

.. as long as no one is hurt, harmed, insulted or has died
from a repeated programme then ‘’so bloody what’’   !
WE DO NOT, WE NEVER HAD AND WE NEVER WILL DECEIVE OUR LISTENERS, AND IF
ANYONE AT THE DCMS THINKS THAT WE DO THEN I TAKE THAT AS AN INSULT !

As I have said

 for Gods sake

    go and get a life !

Has the Station been fined ?      if so, then I suggest we do something
about it as an organisation because this is a sham, and a disgrace.

Regards

Nick

  _____