[cma-l] Youth Broadcasts

Ian Kennedy irkennedy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 24 18:05:04 BST 2011

In Shine FM we follow pretty much the same pattern as others. We have a youth
slot (so it's age rather than inexperience). In some cases it's a group of young
people who have individually expressed an interest in broadcasting, sometimes
it's youth groups. Because they are supervised they don't go through the same
interview process as mainstream presenters. At 18 they can present by themselves
but need to be interviewed and suitable slots need to be available. In practice
we've found many are happy to come along with their friends but aren't keen
enough to progress, others go off to university (and uni radio).

Ian Kennedy