[cma-l] Preston FM - IDAHO Day - Tuesday 17th May 2011

Liz Hardwick liz at prescap.co.uk
Thu May 12 18:34:18 BST 2011

You're receiving  this newsletter as a one-off promotional email. We
hope you can tune in to our special programming for IDAHO 2011.

www.preston.fm <http://www.preston.fm>

Preston FM logo <http://www.preston.fm/>

Join Preston FM
in celebrating IDAHO
on Tuesday 17th May 2011

Tune in to our special programming from 8am on Preston's Community Radio
Station, for 12 hours of programmes dedicated to the International Day
Against Homophobia and Transphobia this Tuesday.
You can listen in Preston and the surrounding area on 103.2fm, and
around the world online at www.preston.fm <http://www.preston.fm/>  and
click the "listen live
<http://prestonfm.listen-again.org/mini-player.html> " link. If you miss
any of the programmes, we'll be podcasting as many of them as possible
on our website.
The day will include a special edition of Chat City, as well as
discussions, interviews and poetry on a variety of LGBT issues.
We will also be celebrating the work of other community radio stations
around the world, in addition to the exciting audio being made by
Preston FM volunteers.

________________________________

 8am - Chat City Special

Join Margaret Walton and Mac McCarthy for this morning's Chat City, to
start the day of programming on issues surrounding IDAHO. Guests include
Drew Drake, LGBT Project Officer from Age Concern Central Lancashire,
talking about the issues that LGBT older people face with homophobia and
transphobia, and how the Friends of Dorothy Project addresses these
issues in the local area.

________________________________

10am - Why. Transclusion.

Join Phyllis-Prior Egerton on this special programme, to learn more
about where and how, homophobia discriminates transsexual people.

________________________________

11am - This Way Out

"This Way Out" is the award-winning, internationally distributed weekly
LGBT radio programme, currently airing on over 175 local community radio
stations around the world, and on Costa Rican station Radio For Peace
International <http://www.rfpi.org> . <http://www.rfpi.org/>
http://www.thiswayout.org/

________________________________

12noon - Special Edition of Unsung Heros

Join Geoff Clarke for music and interviews from local acoustic, open mic
nights - giving a voice to the unsung heroes of Preston's music scene,
with features about IDAHO day.

________________________________

1pm - IDAHO Day - Non-stop Music Lunch

Join us today for a special themed IDAHO music lunch with related
artists and themes.

________________________________

2pm - Baz and Paul's Radio Show - IDAHO Special

Join the guys, for a packed programme with information to bring
awareness to IDAHO day and the usual eclectic mix of music, Paul's
recipes and "Out and About" with Baz.

________________________________

4pm - The JAL Show IDAHO Special

Join John and Lee for a Hip-hop, drum 'n' bass, electronica and mixed
rock tracks session, with information and features on IDAHO day.

________________________________

5pm - Stamp It Out - The Pulse

Preston FM's Young People's magazine programme, presented by Luke
Foster, covers LGBT issues of young people, not just in the UK, but
around the world.

________________________________

6pm - High Energy

"A night of sheer delight from 6-7, this is music heaven, so join me
Chris Collins for IDAHO and I will play some music that is definitely
not slow."

________________________________

7pm - Another G Word

Join Margaret Walton and Mac McCarthy, for an exploration and reflection
on news items and personal stories, from members of the International
LGBT community.

________________________________

8pm - Homophobes are gay

Bob Brooks discusses homophobia, and how, and why, the most extreme
homophobes are in denial that they are gay themselves. Bob also quotes
from NUT Lancashire's recent survey into what they describe as "endemic
homophobic based bullying in our schools today", and how statistics show
that many schools are still not addressing this problem, and is even
less addressed in faith schools, based on latest statistics.

________________________________

9pm - Billy Fisher

For our last special programme of IDAHO day, join Billy for "The show",
playing classic tracks from the 80s to now, with some IDAHO stuff too.
Just seriously good music.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_f
acebook.png<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/image
s/sfs_icon_facebook.png>

Find us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Preston-FM/6045248443>

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_t
witter.png<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images
/sfs_icon_twitter.png>

Find us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/prestonfm>

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images/sfs_icon_f
orward.png<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/653153ae841fd11de66ad181a/images
/sfs_icon_forward.png>

Forward to a Friend
<http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=2281a9e858ef8795617bb7cb0&id
=ff84ec4f9a&e=>

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2281a9e858ef8795617bb7cb0/images/ribble.jpg
<http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2281a9e858ef8795617bb7cb0/images/ribble.jp
g>

Special Links

IDAHO Day Website
<http://www.dayagainsthomophobia.org/-IDAHO-english,41->
<http://www.dayagainsthomophobia.org/-IDAHO-english,41->
IDAHO Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/IDAHO-International-Day-Against-HOmophobi
a-and-transphobia/146545450269?sk=wall>
IDAHO Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/IDAHOMOPHOBIA>
IDAHO Wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_Against_Homophobia_and_T
ransphobia>
FAQ's
<http://www.dayagainsthomophobia.org/-Frequently-Asked-Questions,27->
Homophobia Day Site <http://www.homophobiaday.org/>

________________________________

Preston Local Links

Preston LGBT Centre <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106643469083>
<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106643469083>

Lancashire LGBT group <http://www.lancashirelgbt.co.uk/>

Navajho Charter Mark <http://www.navajoonline.org.uk/index.html>

Chorley FM's LGBT Programme "The Breakout Show"
<http://www.breakoutshow.co.uk/>

Community Media Association <http://www.commedia.org.uk/>

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2281a9e858ef8795617bb7cb0/images/IDAHO_logo
.1.jpg <http://www.dayagainsthomophobia.org/-IDAHO-english,41->

IDAHO Logo - English

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2281a9e858ef8795617bb7cb0/images/IDAHO_logo
_FR_high_res.jpg
<http://www.dayagainsthomophobia.org/-IDAHO-english,41->

IDAHO Logo - French

 find us on Twitter | find us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Preston-FM/6045248443>

Preston FM is a Your Prescap project, supported by the Big Lottery Fund,
vinvolved, DFID, ESF/LSC and other funders.

Your Preston FM
Arts & Media Centre
Fox Street
Preston