[cma-l] NOT ANOTHER VOTE?! THIS ONE COULD HELP COMMUNITY RADIO

Phil Maguire PRA Phil at prisonradioassociation.org
Fri May 6 02:02:53 BST 2011

Hello,

I am writing to you via the Community Media Association's mailing list with the support of the CMA's Director, Jaqui Devereux.

I am Phil Maguire, Chief Executive of the charity the Prison Radio Association (PRA).

- The PRA is an award-winning education charity that engages hard-to-reach serving prisoners in the production of radio programming and encourages the prison radio audience to become active learners, engaging with the range of advice, support services and opportunities available to them.
- The PRA provides guidance and expertise to existing radio projects and to the growing number of prisons interested in setting up radio projects and training facilities.
- The PRA is also responsible for the management of National Prison Radio - the world's first national radio station for prisoners.

The reason I'm writing to you is to ask you a favour - I need your vote.

I am standing in the Radio Academy Trustee elections and would really appreciate your support. Voting is now open and will close at 12 noon on Friday 13th May.

If you are already a member of the Radio Academy it couldn't be simpler and it will take less than two minutes:

Click on this link: http://www.radioacademy.org/about/trustees/trustees-elections-2011/ fill in your email address in the bit that says 'Check your membership' (step 1), then vote (step 2) which involves cutting and pasting some words into an email.

The instructions on the website ask you to vote for 5 people, but that isn't necessary (and I stand more of a chance of being elected if voters only pick me!).

If you are not a member of the Radio Academy, but are an 'active participant in a community radio station which has been licensed by Ofcom' you are entitled to free membership.

To obtain your free membership send an email to affiliate at radioacademy.org<mailto:affiliate at radioacademy.org> and write "affiliate membership" in the subject line - and explain in the email which community radio station you are involved with. Once your free membership is confirmed you are entitled to vote.

I very much hope that if I am elected I will be able to give a voice to the community radio sector on this important national platform.

I'd be extremely grateful for your support.

Very best regards,
Phil.

Phil Maguire FRSA
Chief Executive
Prison Radio Association
Mob: 07921 648 388
Web: www.prisonradioassociation.org<http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/>

2011 Butler Trust Award Winners
2010 Jerusalem Award Winners
2009 & 2010 Sony Radio Academy Award Winners

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC0B05.A19E9B50]