[cma-l] National Advertising

Javed Sattar javed at awazfm.co.uk
Wed May 4 17:29:56 BST 2011

Hi All,

Our last survey which was over 5 years, we had 57% listen to Awaz FM more
than 5+ per day with over 90% of our target community listening to Awaz FM.

We get both local and national advertising. Although we are specifically
targeting community of interest.

A single agency for the CR sector is fundamentally needed. Given the
conversation on the list regarding this. would it help the cma if all the CR
stations who are members of CMA.provide the following:

a)      Target Area

b)      Target Population (community of interest for example)

c)       Total Population

d)      Main Languages used for advertising

All the other stuff regarding rates per station would differ depending on
who the station was serving an a debate for another date.

Whats needed is someone to spend time collating the information. I'm sure we
have more than half the country listening to Cr stations an also targeting
multiple languages. We have created for Scottish Government adverts in
various languages.I this was simplify costs.

So in regards to Awaz FM:

a)      Glasgow (mostly Central to greater Glasgow and surrounding area)

b)      55000-60000 (it was estimated our target population during the last
Census)

c)       592820 (2007 population est Glasgow.Gov.UK) Urban Population
1,750,000

d)      English, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi

I'm sure we all can provide Jaqui and her team with this information which
she can use to strengthen the case to various departments on how the sector
reaches. I'm not sure if this information has been requested before so I
request all CR station to assist in this.

Kind regards

Javed