[cma-l] National Advertising

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed May 4 12:33:36 BST 2011

Our surveys have consistently come in at more like 60-70% weekly reach, and several other Highlands & Islands stations have figures between 30-70%. I guess we benefit from having no other services than BBC in the area. We sell our adevrtising more on the basis of geograpical and socio-economic reach than absolute numbers, and the lack of RAJAR has not generally been an issue.

The main issue for the big spenders (eg COI) has always been that they outsource the campaign planning to a single company which would rather do the minimal work of dealing with only a small handful of airtime sellers that can deliver them a lot of radio stations for relatively little booking work. If there were an agency offering them the same sort of convenience for community-based and small stations, the picture could change, as it did for us with Scottish Government bookings.

Alex