[cma-l] Community radio awards

Maria Billington maria at wcrfm.com
Tue May 3 13:32:07 BST 2011

Hi
We here at WCR 101.8 FM would be really happy to be involved in something
like this.  We feel there is a need to showcase what is happening within
community radio - there is some excellent projects, programming and not to
mention the shear volume of hours that people give for free to make it all
happen!  Count us in!

Cheers

Maria

On 21 April 2011 14:09, Martin Steers <martin at martinsteers.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Community radio awards is something that i have discussed with a few people
> off and on over the last few years, mainly coming from the success that i
> see the Student Radio Awards as..
>
> It was briefly discussed the other week surrounding the sony awards and
> there seemed some interested. Now I have discussed this further with
> friends, and have found a couple that might be interested in taking the
> concept forward.
>
> So I am emailing the list / CMA to see if there is the will of a number of
> stations for there to be a Community Radio Awards, if enough are interested
> I get the ball rolling and see what we can do.
>
> I want to state that the awards are a celebration of the fantastic work
> that volunteers and stations are doing up and down the
> country, engaging with, and supporting their community and producing some
> great radio whilst they are at it.
>
> There is two sides to this, the awards, submissions and results but also an
> awards ceremony.. At present I only want to see if there is an interest in
> the concept of awards etc. I also need to say that I anticipate a small cost
> for every award submission, but shouldnt be earth shattering.
>
> So if people can let me know if they are interested in the awards and the
> concept please let me know.
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

Maria Billington  -  Administrator
maria at wcrfm.com

WCR
Newhampton Centre,
Newhampton Road East     Phone: 01902 572260
Wolverhampton         www.wcrfm.com
WV1 4AP