[cma-l] National Advertising

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Sun May 1 12:47:36 BST 2011

Hi Nick,

Having dealt with agencies and companies as part of student radio
advertising, it often confuses them if you start bundling web adverts etc as
standard. HOWEVER i do agree that website advertising (and again national
selling) is a great opportunity.. and sometimes companies that wouldnt
consider on air time love the idea of web...

I would ideally have every station have a portfolio of options (as
standardised as we can) including website ad's, website takeovers, on air
spots, sponsorships etc

In the mean time I would also recommend using google adverts as a
placeholder, i have know some student stations to get a good amount of money
off these.. If anyone needs any advice setting them up let me know

Martin