[cma-l] Free Community Radio Seminar

Phil Gibbons phil at bcfm.org.uk
Fri Mar 25 12:48:17 GMT 2011

Thanks for this Alex,

Certainly some interesting suggestions which I will represent next week at  the seminar.

Could you clarify some of your figures/claims for me please so I can back them up if needed/challenged?

‘that most of the royalties paid by the smallest stations do not in fact go to the artists and record companies, but in fact are spent on PPL admin overheads!’
Where is this referenced? This is a PRS seminar and not PPL remember.

‘the top earner gets over £0.5 million annually’
This is a disgrace if we can prove it. Where is this figure published please?

‘Overall PPL (for which I have figures) spends 15% of its gross income on overheads, but I would guess that in the not-for-profit sector this proportion is nearer 80%. ‘
Again, let’s not forget this is a PRS seminar and not PPL. I would be interested in receiving these figures please Alex if you could send me the source.

I will be there on Tuesday to represent the CMA in my capacity as Council Member and also as an interested stakeholder. I hope it will be a constructive and informative seminar and I will certainly bring everyone’s concerns to the table.

Regards

Phil

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

Bristol's Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office Phone

www.bcfm.org.uk

The Beacon Centre
City Academy Bristol
Russell Town Avenue
Bristol
BS5 9JH

Bristol Community Fm LTD No. 05377534. Registered Charity No: 1123827
Registered Address: The Beacon Centre, City Academy Bristol, Russell Town Avenue, Bristol, BS5 9JH. This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The contents of this message will not be in any way binding upon BCfm Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.